Hybrid events are not going away. They are now another great tool event planners can use. Join us as we discuss why they are going to stay.
The Short List
- iOS Changes to upend email marketing – Future updates to iOS will restrict tracking of opened emails.
- CES Requiring vaccine to attend – The Consumer Technology Association has announced proof of vaccination is required for in-person attendees of CES 2022.
- Google Tables for Teams – Currently in Google Labs and will be a product next year
This Bullet List
- ROI of hybrid events – We discuss the ‘return of investment’.
- Better for sponsors – Exposure is not limited to in-person attendees. Exhibitors can be come sponsors and be part of the online experience.
- People are still not travelling! – There are still problems with travelling and hotels are still suffering from staff shortages.
- Recorded content lives longer – Splice up the video in smaller segments for sharing. Segments with big value can be turned in to blog posts. Take the audio from small segments to create podcast episodes.
- Inclusivity – Many attendees can’t make a real life event and disability is a huge reason why. Whether you’ve attended in person or not, everyone can be part of the ‘after show’ community.
In this episode, the intro voice-over is by Abbie Thoms, our guest from episode 3. The voice-over that comes between segments is by Olly Court. We highly recommend him for any voice over or announcer work.
If you have a top tip you would like us to share then please get in touch. Don’t forget to subscribe to our podcast RSS feed so you don’t miss an episode!