This is the very first episode of the Bullet List podcast, so it’s rough, not that organised and there’s a few sound problems too. But we’re learning as we go, it will get better as we get more comfortable in our new roles as podcasters. We enjoyed making it, we hope you enjoy listening to it!
The short list
This episode starts with a few news items that peaked our interest…
- The Delta Variant – National Association of Manufacturers Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement for Staff – Labor Shortages.
- LinkedIn Ads – Native Video Meeting Option, Facilitating Enhanced Connection in the App.
- Microsoft Acquires Video Streaming Company PEER5 To Improve Teams
The Bullet List – Getting started with Twitter, the essentials
This is what this podcast is all about, our favourite top tips. For this inaugural episode, we discuss our thoughts on getting started with Twitter.
- Turn up – if you haven’t already, make an account and start tweeting!
- Tweet often – best way to attract new followers and show them you are serious.
- Be consistent – set up a routine and stick to it.
- Use hashtags – use around 3 and make sure they are relevant and in use.
- Mention others – if you are sharing a link or retweeting, credit the original author.
Also mentioned in this episode is Hashtagify, a great way of finding trending hashtags on Twitter, and a tweet from the Royal National Institute for the Blind which explains why you should capitalise words in hashtags.
There are many great Twitter tools that have free plans. Here’s a few to get you started…
- Hootsuite – a control panel where you have columns for mentions etc.
- Tweetdeck – Twitters own fancy control panel. Very similar layout to Hootsuite.
- Buffer – allows you to schedule post. Free plan gives you 10 spots per day.
If you have a top tip you would like us to share then please get in touch.